Tata Institute of Social Sciences conducts TISSNET (National Eligibility Test) in online mode to offer admission into the postgraduate program in one of its campuses. The exam is scheduled to be held on January 4, 2020 from 2 PM to 3:40 PM in 40 cities across the country.
- TISSNET Registration 2020 commenced from October 18, 2019. The last date to fill the application form is November 25, 2019.
- Candidates must possess a graduation degree in any discipline from a recognised university to satisfy TISSNET Eligibility Criteria.
- The exam comprises of 100 multiple-choice questions which are to be solved in 100 minutes.
- There is no negative marking applicable in the exam.
- TISSNET Syllabus includes General Awareness, English Proficiency and Mathematics and Logical Reasoning.
- Candidates qualifying the test will have to appear for Pre-interview Test/Group Discussion and Personal Interview. Check TISSNET Cutoff.
The Article discusses about
- Exam Timeline,
- Eligibility Criteria
- Application Process
- Exam Centres
- Exam Pattern and Syllabus
- Selection Procedure and Course Wise Previous Year Cutoff’s.
TISSNET 2020 Highlights
The key points about TISSNET 2020 are highlighted below:
|Exam Name||Tata Institute of Social Sciences
National Entrance Test
|Conducting Body||Tata Institute of Social Sciences
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Minimum Qualification||Bachelor’s Degree|
|TISS Courses||M.A./ M.Sc./ M.P.H./ M.H.A.|
|Exam Mode||Online (Computer-Based Test)|
|TISSNET Helpline Number||022- 25525919/ 5920|
TISSNET 2020 Exam Dates
TISSNET 2020 will be held on January 4, 2020. The tentative dates for TISSNET 2020 are given below:
|Availability of TISSNET Application Form 2020||October 18, 2019|
|Last Date of TISSNET Application Form 2020||Nov 25,2019|
|TISSNET 2020 Admit Card Date||Dec 18-19,2019|
|TISSNET 2020 Exam Date||Jan 04,2019|
|TISSNET 2020 Result Date||Feb 04|
|Pre-Interview Test and Personal Interview||March 11-21,2020|
|Announcement of Final Result||April 21,2020|
TISSNET Eligibility Criteria
Tata Institute of Social Science specifies TISSNET Eligibility Criteria as mentioned below:
- A bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years duration or equivalent in any discipline from a recognized university.
- Candidates in their final year of graduation are eligible to apply for TISSNET.
- Candidates studying in the final year of their graduation but have not passed in all their previous years’ papers are not eligible to apply for any of the master’s courses offered by TISS.
- There is no age limit criteria nor restriction on the number of attempts
TISSNET Application Form 2020
TISSNET 2020 Application Form can be filled in online mode only. However, candidates residing in a region with no internet connectivity can get a printed form by sending a request to Assistant Registrar (academic) along with application fee through speed post. Candidates can apply for a maximum of 3 programs at 2 different campuses of TISS in a single form with additional fees.
How to Apply for TISSNET 2020?
- Visit the official website of TISSNET i.e. admissions.tiss.edu.
- Register using your valid Email-ID. Candidates must note that the email id will be used for future communication, therefore, they should provide valid e-mail ID.
- After TISSNET Application Form opens up, enter all your academic, personal and preferred course details.
- Pay the requisite application fee (depending on the number of programs applied) either by online or offline mode.
- Scan and upload your photograph, signature, marksheet of the last exam passed and other necessary certificates.
TISSNET Admit Card 2020
TISSNET 2020 Admit Card will be available on December 18, 2019 at the official website of TISS i.e. tiss.edu. Candidates also receive a link at their registered email ID to download the hall ticket of TISSNET 2020.
TISSNET Exam Centers 2020
TISSNET 2020 will be conducted at 40 exam centers across India. The complete list of TISSNET Exam Centers is given below:
TISSNET Exam Pattern 2020
- TISSNET 2020 will be heldin online (computer-based) mode.
- Questions will be asked from General Awareness, Mathematical and Logical Reasoning and English Proficiency.
Some of the important highlights for TISSNET Exam Pattern is mentioned in the table below.
|Exam Mode||Computer-Based Mode|
|Number of Questions||100|
|Question Type||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Number of Sections||3 (General Awareness, Mathematical and
Logical Reasoning and English Proficiency)
|Time Duration||1 hour 40 minutes|
|Sectional Time Limit||No|
|Marks per Question||1 Mark|
Section-wise TISSNET Exam Pattern
As given above, the question paper will be divided into 3 Sections. The weightage of questions and marks of each can be seen below:
|Mathematical & Logical Reasoning||30||30|
Use of Scribe- Candidates with visual impairment will be given an option to have a SCRIBE to assist them to complete the test. The SCRIBEshould be an undergraduate student and should bring a valid ID proof at the time of the test. Persons with Disabilities who have a disability of 40% or more will get a compensatory extra time of 20 minutes per hour.
TISSNET Syllabus 2020
All important topics of the 3 sections in TISSNET are given below. Make sure you leave no stone unturned while you prepare for the exam. Practice as many TISSNET Sample Papers as possible, so that you get a hang of the most recurring questions.
|Awareness of Social
and General Issues
|Logical Reasoning||English Proficiency|
|Recent social issues||Time and work||Reading comprehension|
|Economic processes||Time andDistance||Vocabulary|
|General Geology||Percentage, Average||Pairing of words|
|Meaning of terms||Square root and Basic algebra||Synonyms and antonyms|
|Personalities||Simple and compound interest||Fill in the blanks|
|Sociological awareness||Properties of shapes||Rearrange the sentences|
|Social activities and
|Mixtures and Allegations||–|
|Fine arts and music||Speed-distance-time||–|
|Current Affairs||Basic set concepts||– –|
TISSNET Previous Year Question Papers
TISSNET Selection Procedure 2020
- All candidates who successfully qualify TISSNET will be called for Pre-Interview Test/Group Discussion and Interview round.
- Only candidates who obtain the minimum cutoff score are eligible to participate in TISSNET selection procedure.
- TISSNET Selection Procedure has three components of assessment. The components are
- National Entrance Test
- Pre-Interview Test / Group Discussion (GD)
- Personal Interview (PI)
- Candidates who will be shortlisted after the entrance examination will be invited for the subsequent round of Pre-Interview Test.
- The Pre-Interview Test is awritten test conducted as a part of the TISSNET Selection Procedure.
- It carries 50 marks and 30% weightage in the selection process.
- There will be 2 sections
- Section I (25-30 Marks) will be of Essay Writing (1000-1500 words)
- Section II (20-25 Marks) will be a short case-let with 4 questions based on it.
- The duration of PIT is 35-45 minutes.
Personal Interview Round
- The final round of the TISSNET selection process is the Personal Interview (PI).
- Candidates are expected to be acquainted with the program for which they have applied, for the PI round.
- The questions are normally asked regarding their program the candidates choose.
- It carries 75 marks and 30% weightage in the selection process.
TISSNET Merit List 2020
Once all the 3 stages of TISSNET Selection Process are done, TISS will prepare a final merit list of selected students. The weightage given to all these stages is given below for your reference. Students who secure the maximum marks have chances of getting their preferred college.
|Pre-Interview Test (PIT)||30||50|
|Personal Interview (PI)||30||75|
TISSNET Result 2020
- TISSNET Result will be declared in February 2020 at the official website i.e. tiss.edu.
- TISS releases the result in the form of a scorecard.
- Candidates are selected based on their marks they will score in the entrance exam.
- TISSNET merit list displays the shortlisted candidates who are then called upon for Pre-Interview Test (PIT)/Group Discussion and Personal Interview (PI).
- The final list of the selected candidates will be displayed in April/ May 2020.
- TISSNET Cutoff will be released along with the result.
- Cutoff is the minimum qualifying marks that a candidate must obtain to stand eligible for the next selection rounds.
- The minimum qualifying marks for the written test is 35% (for SC/ ST) and 45% (for others).
- Some of the factors that determine TISSNET Cutoff include previous year cutoff, the difficulty level of exam, number of test-takers, etc.
- Given below are the expected category-wise cut off marks for TISSNET 2020. However, TISS will declare the official cutoff in February 2020.
Previous Year TISSNET Cutoff (2019)
TISSNET 2020 Cutoff will be released after the conclusion of the exam. Meanwhile, candidates can check previous years’ cutoff to know approximately how much they will need to score in upcoming exam. The cutoff for year 2019 are given below:
|TISSNET Program||TISSNET Cutoff 2019|
|MA Human Resource Management||72|
|MA Globalisation and Labour||67|
|MA Public Health||61|
|MPH Social Epidemiology||50|
|MA Applied Psychology||57|
|MA Culture and Media Studies||65|
|MA Mental Health||54|
|MA Women Studies||48|
|MA Social Entrepreneurship||62|