Checkout some the major happenning in Business sector on which a question can be asked in TISSMAT.
Business Awareness Important Points
- Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) is the first Indian company to cross Rs.10 lakh in market capitalization (m-cap). On 26 Nov 2019, its m-cap touched Rs 9,99,045 crore nearing the Rs 10 lakh crore mark.
- Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), RIL’s closest rival in market capital had a share price of Rs.2,110, 2% lower on BSE and m-cap of Rs.7,71,996.87 crore.
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman unveiled two new IT Initiatives – ICEDASH and ATITHI for improved monitoring and pace of customs clearance of imported goods and facilitating arriving international passengers.
- The Asian Development Bank will provide a $451 million (about Rs 3,200 crore) loan to strengthen power connectivity between the southern and northern parts of the Chennai-Kanyakumari Industrial Corridor (CKIC) in Tamil Nadu.
- Infosys has been selected as the main supplier to deliver Volvo Cars’ digital transformation services for its enterprise digital commercial operations applications and products.
- Microsoft has acquired data privacy, governance service firm BlueTalon. To protect consumers’ interest, the Centre has proposed guidelines for e-commerce firms that entail a 14-day deadline to effect refund request, mandate e-tailers to display details of sellers supplying goods and services on their websites and moot the procedure to resolve consumer complaints.
- Cab aggregator Ola announced acquihiring of Pikup.ai, an Artificial Intelligence startup based in Bengaluru.
- Online grocery delivery platform Milkbasket has acquired Bengaluru-based egrocery distributor PSR Supply Chain.
- International Business Machines Corp acquired a software company Red Hat Inc in $34 billion for ramp up its cloud computing business. This is company’s biggest acquisition in its more than 100-year.
- OYO Hotels & Homes has formally announced its acquisition of co-working venture Innov8. OYO will operate the firm Innov8 as an independent brand, and along side its existing co-working operations.
- ONGC, India‘s top oil and gas producer, has toppled Indian Oil Corp (IOC) to regain the crown of being the country‟s most profitable public sector company.
- India‟s largest software services company Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) has surpassed US technology giant IBM in terms of market capitalisation.
- ZestMoney, partnered with Digit Insurance to offer EMI insurance to the company‟s five million customers.