Another student from the course, Master of Arts (Media and Cultural Studies), shared his interview experience with us. He has done his graduation in the subject, B.A Social Sciences from TISS, Tuljapur.
Extempore topic 1: “Make in India” (Asked for another one as he was not comfortable with this)
Extempore topic 2: “Covid and migrant workers”
Questions asked during an interview are as follows: –
- Introduced yourself.
- Why this course?
- You did your undergraduate dissertation on Malayalam cinema. Explain.
- What were the tools for data collection?
- Why Malayam cinema had a realistic wave? (from dissertation topic)
- Again on dissertation.
- The reading list for dissertation.
- Why caste movement did not take place in Kerala after independence?
- Draw a parallel and difference between Sree Narayana Guru and Ayankali.
- Tell me about sevens football from Kerala. (from DAF)
- How has cartoon changed over the years? Who is your favorite cartoonist and why? ( As he is a cartoonist)
His entire interview lasted for about 35 to 40 minutes.