A student from the course Peace and Conflict shared her interview experience with us. She has done her graduation in Psychology (Hons.). Here it is.
Extempore topic: “Will awarding death sentence reduce the occurrence of rape cases?”
During the interview, following questions were asked to her: –
- Why this course and why do you want to shift from psychology?
- What do you think you can bring to this course as a psychology student?
- It’s often seen that parallels can be drawn between the behavior of countries and the behavior of humans. A lot of times the behavior of a country is also influenced by the behavior of its leaders. What is your opinion?
- Opinions on economic reasons for conflict.
- Suggestions on how to deal with it.
- Are you aware of any international conflict that’s going on right now? Can you talk about it?
- What do you have to say about the poll violence in West Bengal?
- What are your suggestions on how to deal with it?
- Opinions on violence from a psychological perspective.
The duration of her entire interview was between 20 to 25 minutes.