1.India ranked at 34th position on world travel and tourism competitiveness index
• According to the World Economic Forum (WEF) report, India has jumped 6 places to claim 34th spot on world Travel u0026amp; Tourism Competitiveness Index 2019.
• Spain tops the ranking index followed by France and Germany.
• Other countries in the top 10 include Japan, the United States, the United Kingdom, Australia,
Italy, Canada, and Switzerland.
2. India among top 10 nations in gold reserves
• India has surpassed the Netherlands to move into the list of top10 countries in terms of total gold reserves.
• According to the World Gold Council, the U.S. leads the country list with total gold reserves.
3.India slips to 7th largest economy in 2018
• According to the World Bank, India has been pushed to the 7th place in the global GDP rankingsin 2018.
• In 2017, India had emerged as the 6th largest economy.
• The US remains the top economy with a GDP of $20.5 trillion in 2018.
• China was the 2nd largest economy with $13.6 trillion, while Japan took the 3rd place with $5 trillion.
• India’s GDP was at $2.7 trillion in 2018, while UK and France were at $2.8 trillion.
• India still remains the fastest-growing major economy in the world.
4. India is the 46th highest risk country in the world: Water Stress Index 2019
• According to the Water Stress Index 2019, formulated by London-based risk analytics firm Verisk Maplecroft, India is the 46th highest risk country in the world.
• 11 out of India’s 20 largest cities face an ‘extreme risk’ of water stress and 7 are in the ‘high
risk’ category. Delhi, Chennai, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Nashik, Jaipur, Ahmedabad and Indore
are among the cities facing ‘extreme risk’.
• Chennai is the “tip of the iceberg” for India’s water-stressed cities.
5. Global Innovation Index 2019
• Global Index is published annually by Cornell University, INSEAD (Institute Européen
d’Administration des Affaires) and the United Nations World Intellectual Property Organisation
(WIPO) and GII Knowledge Partners.
• It ranked 129 economies based on 80 indicators, ranging from intellectual property filing rates
to mobile-application creation, education spending and scientific and technical publications.
• The headquarters of World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO) is in Geneva, Switzerland.
• India was ranked 52nd in 2019 with the score 36.58 out of 100 from 57th position in 2018.
• Top 3 countries – Switzerland, Sweden and United States of America.
6. Public Affairs Index 2018: Kerala Best Governed State, Bihar Worst
• Kerala is the best governed state in the country, according to a survey released by a Bengaluru think-tank, Public Affairs Centre.
• As per the report, Tamil Nadu, Telangana, Karnataka and Gujarat are among the top five states
delivering good governance.
7. India ranked 86th in the Henley Passport Index 2019
• The Henley Passport Index 2019 have ranked the Indian passport on the 86th position with amobility score of 58.
• Japan and Singapore hold the top spot with a score of 189.
• The index includes 199 passports and 227 travel destinations including micro-states and territories.
8. Global Peace Index 2019: India Ranks 141
• India’s ranked141 among 163 countries on the Global Peace Index 2019.
• Iceland remains the most peaceful country and Afghanistan the least peaceful nation.
• New Zealand has been ranked the second most peaceful country.
9. NITI Aayog’s Health Index 2019 – Kerala took the top spot among larger states for overall performance on health indicators in a NITI Aayog report, followed by Andhra Pradesh and Maharashtra.• Uttar Pradesh is the worst state in the index.
• Gujarat, Punjab and Himachal Pradesh stood at fourth, fifth and sixth spots.
• The ranking was done under three categories — larger states, smaller states and Union
territories (UTs) — to ensure comparison among similar entities.
• In terms of annual incremental performance among the larger states, Haryana, Rajasthan
and Jharkhand are the top-three states.
• Among the smaller states, Mizoram ranked first in overall performance, while Tripura and
Manipur were the top-two states in terms of incremental performance.
• Among the UTs, Chandigarh ranked first in overall performance, while Dadra and Nagar Haveli
improved the most.
10. Global Gender Equality Index Released: India Ranks 95
• India ranked 95th out of 129 countries in a new index that measures global gender equality looking at aspects such as poverty, health, education, literacy, political representation and equality at the workplace.
• The list was topped by Denmark followed by Finland and Sweden.
• Chad was placed at bottom most position (129th).
• The Index is developed by Equal Measures 2030, a partnership effort of regional and global
• Indicators: It includes 51 indicators across 14 of 17 official Sustainable Development Goals
11. IMD World Competitiveness Rankings 2019
• India ranked at 43rd position in the most competitive economy in the world.
• In 2018 India was ranked at 44th place.
• Singapore has grabbed the top position.
• Hong Kong SAR is in second position and US has slipped to the third place in 2019.
• The ranking is compiled by International Institute for Management Development (IMD).
12. India Ranks 140th In World Press Freedom Index –
• India ranked 140th out of 180 countries in the World Press Freedom Index 2019.
• Index is released by Reporters Without Borders.
• The index is topped by Norway followed by Finland and Sweden.
13. Corruption Perception Index 2018
• India has improved its ranking by 3 points by moving onto 78th position in the Corruption Perceptions Index 2018 published by Transparency International.
• China and Pakistan, in a list of 180 countries, lagged far behind than India at 87th and 117th position respectively.
14. Global Talent Competitive Index 2019
• India ranked at 80th positions on the Global Talent Competitive Index (GTCI) 2019.
• The index is released by INSEAD business school in partnership with Tata Communications andAdecco Group.
• Switzerland topped the index which is followed by Singapore and the US.
• Last year in 2018, India was ranked at 81st position.